As the leaves continue to change colors and the air becomes pleasantly crisp, another symbol of fall makes it debut: pumpkin spice. As pumpkin flavored products flood grocery store shelves and restaurants introduce their fall menu, emotions range from intense euphoria to extreme irritation. Whether you hop on the pumpkin spice craze or steer clear of the epidemic, the season is upon us. In honor of the humble pumpkin, we give you some delicious, funny and downright weird pumpkin creations.
Drink Up, Pumpkin
Love it or hate it, the pumpkin obsession truly took off with the creation of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL). Without diminishing this staple coffee drink, there are many other pumpkin flavored beverages that will get you in the fall spirit.
1. The Drunken Pumpkin: This drink may be the best version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Unsurprisingly, even the liquor industry has jumped on board with the release of a Pumpkin Pie Vodka.
2. Pumpkin Pie Moonshine: This is a perfect drink for those of you who don’t do lattes.
You can’t expect the food and beverage industry to be the only ones banking on this obsession. The pumpkin has now moved into non-edible beauty products, and has officially become a fashion statement.
- Pumpkin Spice Hair Color: Yes, you read that correctly. The praised pumpkin has spread its orange goodness with the creation of a hair color. Now your hair can have a hue similar to your favorite fall drink. Blondes better watch out, the redheads are on the rise.
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub: Now you can scrub away dead skin while basking in the smell of pumpkin spice. Just in case the candles weren’t enough.
- Pumpkin Spice Beard Oil: Guys, you know that we couldn’t leave you out. The name itself is magical, but you must check out the product to really experience its glory.
Pets Need Pumpkin, Too
- Pumpkin Dog Treats: They can’t drink lattes, so this is the next best thing. After making these treats, go out and buy this costume to make your life complete.
- Pumpkin Spice Cat Litter: Okay, so it actually advertises the litter as fall frolic. Let’s be real, who do you think they are targeting? Pumpkin Spice Lovers. I would guess that cats don’t want to do their business in potpourri. It might be a good idea to steer away from this product and let your kitty celebrate fall in other ways.
Pumpkin With A Side Of Pumpkin Spice
You can’t mention the word pumpkin without someone mentioning an amazing recipe that they found on Pinterest. We are only going to mention a few recipes that stood out among the crowd. Pinterest is like a black hole; when you go in, there is no going back. To some, these examples just prove that pumpkin has gone too far…
- Pumpkin Meatloaf with Pumpkin BBQ Sauce: I’m not sure if this would still count as comfort food. This combination would make a lot of people uncomfortable.
- Pumpkin Spice Pork Sausage: No, just no.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream: This sounds very tasty.
There you have it! Whether you love it or hate it, it seems as if this obsession is here to stay. Any guesses on what will pop up next year?