Why DIY Wedding Catering is a Bad Idea
It’s tempting to consider DIY wedding catering, especially when you start pricing vendors in Tribeca. You may save a few dollars, but you will pay for it with your time. Following, we provide you with a list of reasons why you should never resort to DIY Tribeca wedding catering on your special day.
How Do You Plan DIY Wedding Catering?
With a self-catered wedding, the engaged couple gathers a small army of family and friends to help prepare the food and take care of other tasks. Besides planning the menu, you will need to delegate the responsibilities of purchasing ingredients, collecting supplies, plating the food, and serving guests. Other tasks include:
- Making sure there are enough tables and chairs for guests
- Choosing tableware such as plates, glasses, and linens
- Setting up tables and tearing them down
- Cleaning up afterward
Burning Self-Catering Wedding Questions
As you can see from the list above, there is more to self-catering than cooking food. Nevertheless, the first thing to consider is food safety. Your guests may have taken time off work or traveled miles to help you celebrate. Many have searched for the perfect card and purchased you a gift from the registry. You don’t want to show your thanks by giving them food poisoning. Ask yourself the following questions before you decide to do-it-yourself.
- Do I have space to prepare and store the food?
- Do I have a way to keep food at a safe temperature?
- How will I transport the food, supplies, and table and chairs?
- Do I have enough help?
- Do I want to be tethered to a kitchen on my wedding day?
Planning a wedding is stressful enough without fretting over how to feed dozens or hundreds of people. Instead, give Apex Wedding Caterers a call. We’ll help you plan a budget-friendly menu that will please your taste buds and delight your guests.